Basic Ball Toss
1. Have your child or children toss the ball in a basket
2. Give each child a score based on the number of balls they get into the baskets
3. Encourage each child to keep track of their score in order to aid addition practice .
For older children you can also increase the number of points for each basket to make the game more difficult
Math Ball Toss
1. Pick random numbers and assign them to the baskets.
2.Have your child/children toss the balls till they get two into the baskets.
3. Encourage him/her to add their score each time they get their ball in a basket
Tip : pick random numbers in order to increase the level of difficulty. You can also adjust the numbers of each basket to make the task harder.
Additionally you can:
Have your child/children toss a certain number of balls in two of the baskets. Further to this, they can then add the number of balls in each basket together. For subtraction practice they can remove a a ball or balls from the baskets.
Color Matching Ball Toss
You can have your child or children match the ball to the basket of the same colour. Additionally, and for a challenge, you can switch it up and have them match the ball to a basket of a different colour.
N.B. A print out of numbers is included with each game. These need to be placed in each basket.
Encouraging movement and decreasing screen time
Keeping your child/children active is the major purpose of the game . The actions of tossing the balls as well as going to retrieve them will ensure this . The activity will also keep them occupied away from their tablets or computer screens.
The game is made from acrylic yarn which is washable as well as quite durable. It is also better tolerated by persons with allergies because there is less shedding of the fabric.